ELKEN (SINGAPORE) PTE. LTD.
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
(Applicable to Singapore Only)
The Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (hereinafter referred to as the “Act”), which regulates the collection, use and disclosure of personal data, applies to Elken (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as “Elken”, “our”, “us” or “we”). For the purpose of this written notice, the term “personal data” shall have the meaning prescribed in the Act.
2. Elken reserves the right to amend its personal data privacy policies at any time. If material changes are made to our personal data privacy policies, they will be posted on our website at http://sg.elkenglobal.com/pdpn-elken/ and date stamped. You are encouraged to review our website periodically in order for you to stay notified of any changes.
3. The personal data processed by us may include but not limited to your full name, membership code, NRIC or other identification number, contacts, email address, address, gender, age, race, photograph(s), image(s), sharing, testimony and other information for the following purposes:-
a. to process your application;
b. to contact you;
c. to support your distributorship/customer relationship, including but not limited to providing your contacts to Distributors, or conduct internal surveys and related activities;
d. to administer your payment, benefits and/or loan facilities;
e. to publish in Elken’s advertisements, promotional material and communication channels including at our social media sites;
f. to administer your participation in our meetings, workshops, events or travel campaigns;
g. to provide you with information and training relating to our products and services, business opportunities and the products and services of our business partners;
h. to respond to your inquiries;
i. to comply with applicable laws, assist with any governmental or police investigation and/or obtain legal advice to ensure compliance with Elken Distributors’ Rules & Regulations, Code of Ethics and other policies and procedures; and
j. other purposes, directly or indirectly relating to any of the above and Elken’s activities.
(hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Purposes”)
If you fail to supply to us the personal data, or if you subsequently withdraw your consent to process the same, we may not be able to process your personal data for any of the above Purposes.
4. Yourpersonal data may be disclosed to our related corporations, licensees, business partners, distributors and/or service providers for any of the Purposes or any other purpose directly related to any of the above Purposes. Further, your personal data may be transferred to locations outside Singapore in accordance with requirements prescribed under the Act.
5. We will protect your personal data using industry standard precautions. While the transference of electronic data over the internet has inherent risks, we will use reasonable precautions to ensure your personal data is not subject to unnecessary risks
6. Whilst we strive to keep your personal data accurately recorded, you are responsible for ensuring that the personal data you provide us is accurate, complete, not misleading and up-to-date. If you wish to request for access, correction, or limit the processing of your personal data, or make any enquiries in respect of your personal data or our personal data protection policy, please contact:-
|Designation||Data Protection Officer|
|Telephone No.||02-6746 4911|
|Fax No. (if any)||02-6741 9870|
We reserve the right to charge a fee for data access request. We may refuse to comply with your request for access or correction to your personal data under the Act and if we refuse to comply with such request, we will inform you of our refusal and reason for our refusal.
7. We will retain your personal data for as long as necessary in order to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as may be required under law.
8. When you give us personal data or information about another person, you confirm that they have appointed, consented or authorised you to act for them, to consent to the processing of their personal data and to receive on their behalf any data protection notices.